Who Are We?
LAUNCH AFRICA Ventures is a Pan-African fund investing specifically in B2B and B2B2C early-stage tech startups with strong, experienced management teams solving the most meaningful problems on the continent. LAUNCH AFRICA Ventures solves the significant funding gap in the Seed to Series A bridge funding investment landscape in Africa.
We Invest In
- African seed-stage B2B and B2BC tech startups that are post-MVP, with an annual turnover of between $100k and US$ 2 million.
- Highly scalable tech-based solutions that have a clear, addressable market in Africa first, and eventually globally.
- Sustainable business models with high-growth potential and multiple revenue streams.
- Proven early successes demonstrated by a combination of one or more of the below:
- Successful graduation from world-class accelerators and incubators like Startupbootcamp, Y-Combinator, Techstars, 500 Startups, MEST, Google LaunchPad, Founders Factory, Seedcamp, Village Capital, etc.
- First signed PoCs, pilots, or recurring revenues from large corporate clients especially in the banking, insurance, retail, and telco industries.
- Early-stage direct pipeline referrals from top Africa-focused VC funds that typically invest only at the Series A & B stage.
- Dedicated and professional management teams (preferably with more than one founder) with the right values aligned to the objectives of our Fund.
We Offer Our Portfolio Companies
- Average investment size of U.S. $250K
- Most investments are done via S.A.F.E. Notes (Simple Agreement for Future Equity) at the lesser of the round valuation cap (if there is one) or a 50% discount to the post-money valuation at the next priced round.
- If no priced round occurs within 24 months of our investment, a mandatory conversion will happen at a pre-agreed upon valuation.
- We produce a friction-less, efficient investment process, with the ability to invest in 4-6 ventures every quarter.
- We leverage our global network to open doors to our network of international advisors, renowned brands, mentors and institutions to enable commercial uptake for our portfolio investments.
- We engage with our extensive networks and advisors across the globe to participate in follow-on investment rounds.
- We support our portfolio companies with our business and technical expertise, our vast experience and our strategic guidance.
- We assist our portfolio companies in getting investment-ready for their Series A round and beyond.